Viking Danube and Viking Sky are sister ships specially designed to be both swift and versatile. These spacious vessels accommodate 150 guests each; because they can sail on a variety of rivers, they are ideal for our longer itineraries. Travel through the heart of Europe in deluxe, big-ship comfort.Ship Features
- 75 comfortable outside staterooms (62 Deluxe, 13 Standard)
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area
- Observation lounge and bar with panoramic windows
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Swimming pool on sun deck
- Sauna & whirlpool (indoor)
- Elevator from promenade deck to middle deck and restaurant
- Chair lift from promenade deck to sun deck
- Laundry service
To complement your onshore excursions, take part in Viking's Cultural Highlights-immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore:
- Hands-on demonstrations in cuckoo clock-making, wooden shoe-carving or glassblowing
- Classes in cooking specialties like apple strudel and Alsatian flammkuchen
- Traditional performances of folk music and dance, or waltzes by Strauss
- Tastings of local cheeses, coffees, liqueurs and other delicacies
These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
- Dutch Masters or French impressionists
- Castles along the Rhine Valley
- The formation of the European Union
- The life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Wine and cuisine of southern France
- Key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling
These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Fine dining aboard Viking Danube
Our chefs create a variety of tasty offerings for you, with freshly prepared seasonal local vegetables, European specialties adapted to satisfy the tastes of our passengers, and homemade soups prepared daily. For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
- Year built: 1999
- Length: 360.9 ft
- Width: 37.4 ft
- Draft: 4.9 ft
- Decks: 3
- Crew: 40
- Passengers: 150
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
River Cruise Destinations Journey into the heart of Europe, Russia, Asia, Egypt and beyond on a culturally immersive scenic cruise. Whether you yearn to see the castle-lined Rhine, romantic Danube, historic Seine or vineyard-laced Douro, your river cruise with Viking begins here.
Highlights of a Viking River Cruise Traveling by river, beyond the reach of roadways, you will discover the true nature of fascinating lands and the people who call them home. You will travel with ease, unpacking just once and enjoying the ever-changing scenery along the banks as you are gently carried on board an elegant, intimate ship to your next destination.
Please call us at 1-800-435-7967